AUSANGATE TREK & MACHU PICCHU
Explore Ausangate trek to Machu Picchu ,two world’s wonder in a stunning trek by mountains, everlasting snow-capped mountains, turquoise-colored lagoons and color mountains that end up visiting the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
The AUSANGATE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU a stunning trek past snow-capped mountains, glaciers, lakes, and wildlife, all ending with a tour of one of the 7 man-made wonders of the world, Machu Picchu. This is a moderate to challenging trek, not technical, Minimum passengers necessary for trek departure: 2 people Maximum trekkers per group: 08 people.
- Discover Rainbow Mountain trek, a new route located at Peru’s highlands that go through Cusco highest mountain, the Ausangate (6300m)
- Explore Machu Picchu in a different way along with your guide
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AUSANGATE TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
In order to carry out your booking for the Ausangate trek to Machu Picchu and guarantee all of our travelers availability you must supply the following information:
1: Full legal name
2: Number of Passport
3: Nationality and birthdate
*This information must be provided by email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days before your tour. We are direct tour operators.
- All guide team members are native from the region and have a genuine passion to teach other people about their inheritance. They keep respect to our clients and the environment.
- By the moment you receive your reservation, we will carry out the procedure of your entry permission according to availability space. Once your personal data is confirmed, these cannot be changed. The only thing permitted is to update your passport number. The permission includes Machu Picchu entry.
- The night before your trip you will meet your guide so he will give you more details about your adventure. You will be given a duffel bag, however during the trek the carrier will have it, this bag should not exceed 8kg
- All your transportation is included on this trip. One member of our team will pick you up from your lodge in order to start the trekking. Once you’ll get train station, we will take you to your lodge in Cusco, your Machupicchu ticket is included as well.
- One of the The Peru Travel desires is our clients to feel comfortable while they are using our camping equipment and you will since our camping team is wide and comfortable. We have a special tent where our clients will have their meals as well.
- All of our alternative trips include an additional horse in order for our clients to use it if they need a rest after trekking.
- The Peru Travel chefs specialize in well-known Peru’s cuisine. They use only natural products, in case you have some restrictions with some meals, you must indicate the moment you make your booking. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included every day during the trip, along with tea and snacks. The first breakfast and the last day’s lunch are not included.
- Since your first lunch until your last breakfast, The peru Travel will provide you all water you need. Water will be boiled, filtered and then chilled before its distribution. You have to give us your own water bottles. It’s recommended to take a canteen and avoid the use of plastic bottles.
- Every The Peru Travel guide has been trained in first aid by the Red Cross. Your guide will always have a first aid kit for basic medical issues and oxygen. In case of extreme urgency, the company will be in charge of your transfer, immediate evacuation and coordination of your insurance in order for you to be treated as soon as possible
- We believe that paying attention to little details makes the difference between other companies. That’s why each hiker receives a small pillow and trekking pole; these items will help you to improve your experience.
NON INCLUDED SERVICES.
- It’s recommended to take with you one of your own, however we can rent you one.
Sleeping bag: $ 25.
- Huayna Picchu and Machupicchu are mountains around Machupicchu citadel; The extra price is, $ 75.00
Their paths are quite steep that’s why we recommend you to stay in Machupicchu. Since you will get there in a moment where won’t be crowded, you will enjoy at its best the world wonder and you will be able to discover it on your own way.
UPIS - PASO ARAPA – PUKA COCCHA
We early leave Cusco, in order to get Upis, located at the foot of Ausangate snow capped mountain. (6300m). Take up the challenge towards the first mountain pass, Arapa (5000m). This mountain surrounds the beautiful Ausangate snow-capped mountain. Enjoy the landscape, crowded by llamas and alpacas until we get to our next destination at the edge of a red-colored lagoon.
Distance: 10 km /6.2 miles
Camping site: 4400 meters / 14,435 pies
Includes: Transportation, lunch, dinner, camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
PASO WARMISAYA – SURINE COCCHA
On this day explore new and remote paths enraptured with color lagoons and endless snow capped mountains. Discover Warmisaya mountain pass (5000m) where you will have a privileged view of the rainbow mountain, then we will get to our camping site.
Distance: 12 km / 7.5 milles
Camping site: 4600 meters / 15,091 ft
Includes: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN - AGUAS CALIENTES VILLAGE
On this day be the first person to explore the beautiful Rainbow Mountain, Vinicunca (5300m). Discover nature’s magic gift, then go through the stunning Red Valley in order to descend all the way by two hours where your private transportation will wait for you to take you to Ollantaytambo train station. You will aboard a panoramic train, where you will be able to enjoy the night scenario until you arrive at Machu Picchu.
Included meals: Breakfast, Ollantaytambo train station shuttle, lodge and dinner.
MACHU PICCHU - MOUNTAIN
Explore Machu Picchu, one of the modern world’s seven wonders; spend the morning exploring this enigmatic Inca sanctuary, walking around its hills, then discover Inca architecture along with your guide. By the afternoon board the panoramic train in order to keep enjoying your Cusco way back’ landscape.
Machu Picchu altitude: 2400 meters.
Includes: Breakfast, bus ticket, Machu Picchu and mountain access, train ticket, Lodge shuttle.
Camp at Puka Coccha.
Camp at Surine Coccha.
Rest in hotel: Hatun Samay *** or similar
By the afternoon boarding on the bus returning to Cusco, and keep enjoying the landscape while you are on board.
- Valid student card ( If you have booked as student)
- Immigration card (given to you the moment you arrive Peru.)
- A good bag (The smaller, the better.)
- Water store: Canteens or bottles.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
For your duffel.
- Carriers will carry up to 8kg containing your belongings, including your sleeping bag.
- 2-3 trekking pants
- 4 underwear clothing..
- 4 pairs of trekking socks
- 1 jacket, gets cold at night.
- Rain poncho, waterproof clothes
- 1 sun hat
- 1 wool hat
- Lantern: essential
- Waterproof gloves (its ok if they are for ski)
- Comfortable sandals
- Trekking boots
- Fast drying towel. We offer small ones, but you can have one bigger.
- Small soap bottle; we will provide you lukewarm water every day for your personal cleaning
- Camera batteries
- Sleeping bag (at least 25C )
Personal care products:
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer.
- Humid towels
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: Band aids, alcohol,bandages,etc.Saco de dormir: Recomiende bolsas -25C por lo menos
There is no official size for trekking bags, but we recommend the smaller ones. Inside Machupicchu, the entrance of bags up to 25 kg is forbidden. If it’s bigger, you should put it in the warehouse by entering the sanctuary.
- Sun hat
- Waterproof clothes
- Music (iPhone)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hygienic paper and a small plastic bag for wastes. If it is biodegradable, it would be better.
- Cash for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
You are able to buy online through Master Card, Visa and American Express cards. We accept debit cards too, and we work using trustworthy systems such as CULQUI and PAYPAL.
The confirmation will be sent via email. You can print it and show it to your guide before the tour starts. You will have as well, your travel assessor email, who will assist you on every question or doubt you could have.
For every tour we use only modern vehicles including enough space and capacity in order for you to feel cozy and comfortable during the trip. Each vehicle is equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats and a high-quality audio system.
No, because we handle exclusive groups. The cost may vary according to the language, Spanish, Portuguese or English. In case you wish the guidance service in any other language, please contact us.
We recommend you to carry sunglasses, comfortable shoes and a camera as the most important items.
Of course, please send us an email with your address, zip code and city and we will send it to you right away.
We recommend that you book your preferred tour dates as soon as possible to assure departure dates. Note that we have limited vacancies.
That’s no problem at all! All you need is to show your passport or your ID to the guide before the trip starts. You can request it by email and we will be glad to send it to you back.
THE PERU TRAVEL has been running top-quality private trips to Machu Picchu since 2005. In 2010 we decided to run Peru and Bolivia.
Note that THE PERU TRAVEL won’t take any responsibility for any object that is inside its vehicles. Any item we find will be taken to our Cusco office. You can contact us in our office to ask for the lost item.