AUSANGATE TREK & RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
Explore Ausangate snow-capped mountain. (6373m), Peru’s fifth highest mountain and one of the most beautiful on the south of the country. The Ausangate is considered Cusco main “Apu”, a deity provider of life and water, home of traditional and ancestral people, considered as well as men and women protector.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Revered as one of the most sacred mountains of the Vilcanota Mountain Range, Apu Ausangate is the 5th-highest snow-capped peak in Peru. An Apu, or Mountain Deity, is the spiritual entity of the mountain, believed to watch over the communities of people and animals living in its vicinity. On this journey you will marvel at brilliantly colored landscapes, turquoise high mountain lagoons, imposing white glaciers, You’ll be amazed at the rainbow of sediment striations that sparkle with diverse colors on Vinicunca, the Rainbow Mountain.
* Discover Ausangate snowy circuit secret, that keeps lagoons and color mountains like rainbow.
* Forget well trodden paths, explore unique circuits that will captivate you with its natural scenarios and snow-capped mountains.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AUSANGATE TREK TO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
In order to carry out your booking for the Ausangate trek to Rainbow Mountian and guarantee all of our travelers availability you must supply the following information:
- Full legal name
- Number of Passport
- Nationality and birthdate
*This information must be provided by email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days before your tour. We are direct tour operators.
- All guide team members are native from the region and have a genuine passion to teach other people about their inheritance. They keep respect to our clients and the environment.
- By the moment you receive your reservation, we will carry out the procedure of your entry permission according to availability space. Once your personal data is confirmed, these cannot be changed. The only thing permitted is to update your passport number.
- The night before your trip you will meet your guide so he will give you more details about your adventure. You will be given a duffel bag, however during the trek the carrier will have it, this bag should not exceed 8kg
- All your transportation is included on this trip. One member of our team will pick you up from your lodge in order to start the trekking. Once you’ll get train station, we will take you to your lodge in Cusco,
- One of the The Peru Travel desires is our clients to feel comfortable while they are using our camping equipment and you will since our camping team is wide and comfortable. We have a special tent where our clients will have their meals as well
- All of our alternative trips include an additional horse in order for our clients to use it if they need a rest after trekking.
- The Peru Travel chefs specialize in well-known Peru’s cuisine. They use only natural products, in case you have some restrictions with some meals, you must indicate the moment you make your booking. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included every day during the trip, along with tea and snacks. The first breakfast and the last day’s lunch are not included.
- Since your first lunch until your last breakfast, The peru Travel will provide you all water you need. Water will be boiled, filtered and then chilled before its distribution. You have to give us your own water bottles. It’s recommended to take a canteen and avoid the use of plastic bottles.
- Every The Peru Travel guide has been trained in first aid by the Red Cross. Your guide will always have a first aid kit for basic medical issues and oxygen. In case of extreme urgency, the company will be in charge of your transfer, immediate evacuation and coordination of your insurance in order for you to be treated as soon as possible.
- We believe that paying attention to little details makes the difference between other companies. That’s why each hiker receives a small pillow and trekking pole; these items will help you to improve your experience.
- It’s recommended to take with you one of your own, however we can rent you one.
Sleeping bag: $ 25
AUSANGATE TREK – PACCHANTA – AZUL COCCHA
On this day explore one of the most stunning circuits that would impress any adventurer; the imposing Ausangate snow capped mountain (6384m).
Enjoy the medicinal-hotsprings at Pacchanta (4300m),spend the night at the eternal Ausangate foot, next to the sky.colored lagoon.
Distance: 5 km / 3.2 milles
Campsite: 4447 metros / 14589 ft
Includes: Transportation, lunch, dinner, camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
PASO ARAPA – PUKA COCCHA
Take up the challenge towards the first mountain pass, Arapa (5000m). This mountain surrounds the beautiful Ausangate snow-capped mountain.
Enjoy the landscape, crowded by llamas and alpacas until we get to our next destination at the edge of a red-colored lagoon.
Distance: 10 km /6.2 millas
Campsite: 4400 metros / 14,435 pies
Includes: Breakfast,lunch, dinner, camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
PASO WARMISAYA – SURINE COCCHA
On this day explore new and remote paths enraptured with color lagoons and endless snow capped mountains. Discover Warmisaya mountain pass (5000m) where you will have a privileged view of the rainbow mountain, then we will get to our camping site.
Distance: 12 km / 7.5 milles
Camping site: 4600 meters / 15,091 ft
Includes: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, camping equipment (except sleeping bag)
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN - CUSCO
On this day be the first person to explore the beautiful Rainbow Mountain, Vinicunca (5300m). Discover nature’s magic gift, then go through the stunning Red Valley in order to descend all the way by two hours where your private transportation will wait for you to take you back to Cusco.
Included meals: Breakfast, way back to Cusco
Camp at Azul Coccha
Camp at Puka Coccha
Camp at Surine Coccha
By the afternoon boarding on the bus returning to Cusco, and keep enjoying the landscape while you are on board.
- Immigration card (given to you the moment you arrive Peru.)
- A good bag (The smaller, the better.)
- Water store: Canteens or bottles.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
For your duffel
- Carriers will carry up to 8kg containing your belongings, including your sleeping bag.
- 2-3 trekking pants
- 4 underwear clothing..
- 4 pairs of trekking socks
- 1 jacket, gets cold at night.
- Rain poncho, waterproof clothes
- 1 sun hat
- 1 wool hat
- Lantern: essential
- Waterproof gloves (its ok if they are for ski)
- Comfortable sandals
- Trekking boots
- Fast drying towel. We offer small ones, but you can have one bigger.
- Small soap bottle; we will provide you lukewarm water every day for your personal cleaning
- Camera batteries
- Sleeping bag (at least 10C )
Personal care products:
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer.
- Humid towels
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: Band aids, alcohol,bandages,etc.
There is no official size for trekking bags, but we recommend the smaller ones.
- Sun hat
- Waterproof clothes
- Hand sanitizer
- Hygienic paper and a small plastic bag for wastes. If it is biodegradable, it would be better
You are able to buy online through Master Card, Visa and American Express cards. We accept debit cards too, and we work using trustworthy systems such as CULQUI and PAYPAL.
For every tour we use only modern vehicles including enough space and capacity in order for you to feel cozy and comfortable during the trip. Each vehicle is equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats and a high-quality audio system.
No, because we handle exclusive groups. The cost may vary according to the language, Spanish, Portuguese or English. In case you wish the guidance service in any other language, please contact us.
We recommend you to carry sunglasses, comfortable shoes and a camera as the most important items.
Of course, please send us an email with your address, zip code and city and we will send it to you right away.
We recommend that you book your preferred tour dates as soon as possible to assure departure dates. Note that we have limited vacancies.
That’s no problem at all! All you need is to show your passport or your ID to the guide before the trip starts. You can request it by email and we will be glad to send it to you back.
THE PERU TRAVEL has been running top-quality private trips to Machu Picchu since 2005. In 2010 we decided to run Peru and Bolivia.
Note that THE PERU TRAVEL won’t take any responsibility for any object that is inside its vehicles. Any item we find will be taken to our Cusco office. You can contact us in our office to ask for the lost item.