CHOQUEQUIRAO TO MACHU PICCHU
Walk through changing landscapes and explore mountain pass decorated with snow. Discover unique and stunning scenarios. Explore Choquequirao and Machupicchu , a unique and complete circuit where you will calm your thirst for adventure.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Explore remote paths between enormous canyons and large rivers to discover the Choquequirao Inca city. Keep explorers’ track through ancient Inca paths that cross the beautiful Vilcabamba mountain range. From Apurimac arid canyon to Machupicchu’s jungle, enjoy this 75 km trip, one of Southamerica’s most diverse and spectacular trips.
This trek is perfect for those who wish to combine remote high-mountain hiking with archaeological exploration. the route starts at the famous santuary of Choquequirao, passes through the Apurimac Canyon and the Cordillera Vilcabamba, and finally in a wonder of the world Machu Picchu.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CHOQUEQUIRAO TO MACHU PICCHU.
In order to carry out your booking for the Choquequirao to Machupicchu and guarantee all of our traveler’s availability you must supply the following information:
1: Full legal name
2: Number of Passport
3: Nationality and birthdate
*This information must be provided by email email@example.com at least two days before your tour. We are direct tour operators.
- All guide team members are native from the region and have a genuine passion to teach other people about their inheritance. They keep respect to our clients and the environment.
By the moment you receive your reservation, we will carry out the procedure of your entry permission according to availability space. Once your personal data is confirmed, these cannot be changed. The only thing permitted is to update your passport number. The permission includes Choquequirao to Machu Picchu entry.
- The night before your trip you will meet your guide so he will give you more details about your adventure. You will be given a duffel bag, however during the trek the carrier will have it, this bag should not exceed 8kg.
- All your transportation is included on this trip. One member of our team will pick you up from your lodge in order to start the trekking. All transportation during this trekking is private. Train from Hidroeléctrica to Machu Picchu Village and from Machu Picchu Village to Cusco.
- One of the The Peru Travel desires is our clients to feel comfortable while they are using our camping equipment and you will since our camping team is wide and comfortable. We have a special tent where our clients will have their meals as well.
- All of our alternative trips include an additional horse in order for our clients to use it if they need a rest after trekking.
- The Peru Travel chefs specialize in well-known Peru’s cuisine. They use only natural products, in case you have some restrictions with some meals, you must indicate the moment you make your booking. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included every day during the trip, along with tea and snacks. The first breakfast and the last day’s lunch are not included.
- Since your first lunch until your last breakfast, The peru Travel will provide you all water you need. Water will be boiled, filtred and then chilled before its distribution. You have to give us your own water bottles. It’s recommended to take a canteen and avoid the use of plastic bottles.
- Every The Peru Travel guide has been trained in first aid by the Red Cross. Your guide will always have a first aid kit for basic medical issues and oxygen. In case of extreme urgency, the company will be in charge of your transfer, immediate evacuation and coordination of your insurance in order for you to be treated as soon as possible
- We believe that paying attention to little details makes the difference between other companies. That’s why each hiker receives a small pillow and trekking pole; these items will help you to improve your experience.
- It’s recommended to take with you one of your own, however we can rent you one. Sleeping bag: $ 25
Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain.
- Huayna Picchu and Machupicchu mountains around Machupicchu citadel; The extra price is, $ 75.00
Their paths are quite steep that’s why we recommend you to stay in Machupicchu. Since you will get there in a moment where won’t be crowded, you will enjoy at its best the world wonder and you will be able to discover it on your own way.
CUSCO – PLAYA ROSALINDA
After leaving Cusco, you will be able to explore stone made monolites (2.5m) in Sayhuite. Go by beautiful villages of panoramic views and everlasting snow-capped mountains in the Vilcambamba mountain range. Start your adventure at the Apurimac canyon at Capuliyoc sightseeing (2850m). A zig zag path will immerse you in the arid, stunning canyon until you get to Playa Rosalinda (1520m) where you will be able to bathe with the Apurimac river mythical water.
Distance: 12 km / 7 milles
Campsite: 1520 meters /5250 fts.
MARANPATA - CHOQUEQUIRAO
Open your eyes by listening to the roaring Apurimac river, cross by this mythical river, explore little villages lost in maps such as Santa Rosa and Maranpata. Camp next to Choquequirao ruins, explore unique and colorful scenarios, full of diverse microlimates. Go by from the ruggy and tough Apurimac Canyon to the beautiful greenness of Choquequirao.
Distance: 12 km / 7 milles
Campsite: 3030 meters /9940fts.
Discover Choquequirao, located in a small hill over Apurimac Canyon. Explore this amazing Inca sanctuary, between its attractions we can find its curved terraces, ritual baths and a beautiful main square. Explore buildings at the lower part, that even today is still a mystery. Choquequirao was not mentioned in Spanish chronicles and even Hiram Bingham visited it, he did not realize its significance. Large areas are still covered by the lush cloud forest.
Campsite: 3030 meters /9940fts.
PINCAH UNUYOC - MAIZAL
On this day explore newfound constructions such as Pincha Unuyoc, from this point you will be able to indulge your senses by seeing the beautiful panoramic landscape at Apurimac Canyon and the snowcapped mountains that surround it. Go all the way down to Rio Blanco (White River), where you can bathe with its refreshing water that descends from the Pumasillo snowcapped mountain (5991m). Camp in a beautiful village with a spectacular view of the Vilcabamba mountain range.
Distance: 10 km / 6 milles
Campsite: 3030 meters /9842fts.
YANAMA - LUCMABAMBA
Explore Inca’s ancient silver mines at Minas Victoria and discover the beautiful Inca ath that leads to the trip’s highest point. El Abra San Juan (4000m) offers spectacular views of the Vilcabamba mountain range that will take us to the Yanama traditional Andean village, where you will board transportation that will lead you to our campsite at Lucmabamba
Distance: 10 km / 6 millas
Campingsite: 2100m metros /6888fts.
LLAQTAPATA – MACHU PICCHU PUEBLO
Explore part of Machu Picchu Inca trail that will lead you to Llaqtapata (2650m) where you’ll have your first contact with one of the world’s seven wonders. Discover the Aobamba River with leafy bamboo forests and coffee plantations that will take us to Hidroelectrica, where we will board a train that in 40 minutes will drive you to Machu Picchu village
Distance: 12 km / 7.5 milles
Machu Picchu Village: 2,000m / 6, 560 ft.
MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
Explore Machupicchu, start visiting this famous place at the Inca bridge, and discover its Inca architecture along with your guide. Explore the sanctuary in a different way using your senses, by the afternoon boarding the panoramic train returning to Cusco, and keep enjoying the landscape while you are on board.
Machu Picchu altitude: 2400 meters.
You will camp at PLAYA ROSALINDA.
You will camp at CHOQUEQUIRAO.
You will camp at CHOQUEQUIRAO.
You will camp at MAIZAL.
You will camp at LUCMABAMBA.
Sixth day: Machu Picchu Village
Lodge: Rupa Wasi *** or similar
By the afternoon boarding the panoramic train returning to Cusco, and keep enjoying the landscape while you are on board.
- Valid student card ( If you have booked as student)
- Immigration card (given to you the moment you arrive Peru.)
- A good bag (The smaller, the better.)
- Water store: Canteens or bottles.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
For your duffel:
- Carriers will carry up to 8kg containing your belongings, including your sleeping bag.
- 2-3 trekking pants
- 4 underwear clothing..
- 4 pairs of trekking socks
- 1 jacket, gets cold at night.
- rain poncho, waterproof clothes
- 1 sun hat
- 1 wool hat
- Lantern: essential
- Waterproof gloves (its ok if they are for ski)
- Comfortable sandals
- Trekking boots
- Fast drying towel. We offer small ones, but you can have one bigger.
- Small soap bottle; we will provide you lukewarm water every day for your personal cleaning
- Camera bateries
- Sleeping bag (at least10C )
Personal care products:
- Insect repelent
- Hand sanitizer.
- Humid towels
- Thoothpaste and toothbrush
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: Band aids, alcohol,bandages,etc.
There is no official size for trekking bags, but we recommend the smaller ones. Inside Machupicchu, the entrance of bags up to 25 kg is forbidden. If it’s bigger, you should put it in the warehouse by entering the sanctuary.
- Sun hat
- Waterproof clothes
- Music (iPhone)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hygienic paper and a small plastic bag for wastes. If it is biodegradable, it would be better.
- Cash for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
The confirmation will be sent via email. You can print it and show it to your guide before the tour starts. You will have as well, your travel assessor email, who will assist you on every question or doubt you could have.
You are able to buy online through Master Card, Visa and American Express cards. We accept debit cards too, and we work using trustworthy systems such as CULQUI and PAYPAL.
For every tour we use only modern vehicles including enough space and capacity in order for you to feel cozy and comfortable during the trip. Each vehicle is equipped with air-conditioning, reclining seats and a high-quality audio system.
No, because we handle exclusive groups. The cost may vary according to the language, Spanish, Portuguese or English. In case you wish the guidance service in any other language, please contact us.
We recommend you to carry sunglasses, comfortable shoes and a camera as the most important items.
Of course, please send us an email with your address, zip code and city and we will send it to you right away.
We recommend that you book your preferred tour dates as soon as possible to assure departure dates. Note that we have limited vacancies.
That’s no problem at all! All you need is to show your passport or your ID to the guide before the trip starts. You can request it by email and we will be glad to send it to you back.
THE PERU TRAVEL has been running top-quality private trips to Machu Picchu since 2005. In 2010 we decided to run Peru and Bolivia.
Note that THE PERU TRAVEL won’t take any responsibility for any object that is inside its vehicles. Any item we find will be taken to our Cusco office. You can contact us in our office to ask for the lost item.